Surprise Ride is an innovative eCommerce company helping to make the lives of modern moms easier. Through conveniently pre-planned activities, kids learn and explore while moms take a break. Surprise Ride is based in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
The company was featured on the hit TV show Shark Tank and national media such as ABC, New York Times, The Washington Post, The View and NBC.
Surprise Ride is looking for a sourcing guru who will be responsible for the management of the development, sourcing, and production of monthly rides from concept to market. This is a unique opportunity to implement modern products that leave a lifelong impression on the kids and busy parents who use them. The company’s award-winning activity kits are enjoyed by families across the country. The Procurement Manager will be in charge of sourcing high quality items, identifying new vendors, and leading the procurement process from development to delivery.
- Source items needed to produce top-notch activity kits
- Work closely with the Director of Product to ensure the successful implementation of activity kits
- Manage budget and optimize unit economics across supply chain
- Identify new vendors and manage relationships, including negotiations
- Maintain accurate records of full sourcing process
- Develop and monitor Surprise Ride purchasing processes to ensure compliance with all government regulationsStudy market trends, developments, and changes in procurement and incorporate into product development
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
- 5+ years of procurement or sourcing experience, with demonstrated expertise in product development, manufacturing, or buying
- Extremely strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience in budgeting and costing
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Surprise Ride products and the children’s education space
- An eye for design, packaging, and presentation a must
- Experience sourcing from Asia and familiarity with relevant laws a major plus
- Experience with products for kids, moms, toys, or arts & crafts preferred
- You are a rock star (not the musical kind, though we’d like that too!)
- You are an expert negotiator
- You don’t quit until you find the perfect item
Compensation & Perks:
- Great compensation based on experience
- Full benefits, generous vacation policy, fun snacks and beverages
- You get to responsibly manage your schedule, as long as you’re meeting deadlines
Location: Washington, DC
How to apply?
Candidates should send a resume and a cover letter on why you would be a good fit for the position to [email protected]