Spring is most certainly here! And with that, comes back the life of the outdoors. Whether in your neighborhood, or exploring in nature, there is no denying you’ve at least heard the chirping of birds and maybe even seen a few.
To celebrate the season, today we will be making our own bird feeders! This easy step-by-step guide is a great way to spend an afternoon with your little ones and possibly glimpse at neighborhoods birds up close and personally!
1. Gather materials: Used toilet paper rolls, peanut butter (or alternative), a bowl of bird seed, string
2. Cover toilet paper roll with peanut butter – no skimping!
3. Place tube in birdseed and rotate the toilet paper roll until entirely covered with bird seed
4. Thread the string through the tube and tie it in a knot at the top
5. Hang outside on a tree branch for the birds to enjoy!
Don’t forget! Take pictures of your creation and share with us by tagging @surpriseride in the photo and caption. Happy crafting!