Surprise Ride is an innovative eCommerce company helping to make the lives of modern moms easier. Through conveniently pre-planned activities, kids learn and explore while moms take a break. Surprise Ride is based in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
The company was featured on the hit TV show Shark Tank and national media such as ABC, New York Times, The Washington Post, The View and NBC.
Surprise Ride is looking for an exceptional creative designer to help define and grow our brand. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for steering Surprise Ride’s creative direction from our visual identity, to print materials, advertising campaigns, and graphics. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who loves working on multiple projects in both the print and digital space. If you have a creative mind that’s always looking for a new challenge, this position is for you!
- Oversee our visual marketing, including our digital advertisements, printed materials, packaging and email campaigns to engage our audience through visual storytelling
- Work with cross-functional teams on creative projects from concept to completion
- Take ownership of different creative initiatives simultaneously, and provide quality assurance on deliverables
- Push Surprise Ride’s brand identity forward while adhering to design guidelines and standards
- Consistently evaluate a variety of options for testing visual themes and graphic positioning
- Set metrics to track the performance of visual marketing campaigns and share insights with team weekly
- Bachelor’s degree Graphic Design or related field with strong academic performance
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Portfolio with relevant examples (please send PDF or links with your application)
- Photography experience is plus
- You are a rock star (not the musical kind, though we’d like that too!)
- You are passionate about designing experiences that excite and engage our audience
- You have mastered the balance between working independently and as part of a team
- You get the job done right, especially if that means going above-and-beyond
- You are a hard worker who is excited to join a start-up
Compensation & Perks:
- Great compensation based on experience
- Full benefits, generous vacation policy, fun snacks and beverages
- You get to responsibly manage your schedule, as long as you’re meeting deadlines
Location: Washington, DC
How to apply?
Candidates should send a resume and a cover letter on why you would be a good fit for the position to [email protected]