Surprise Ride is an e-commerce company on a mission to nurture curiosity and creativity in kids and adults. From the wonder of photography to the hidden treasures of Ancient Egypt, each month explores a new theme through fun hands-on projects. Surprise Ride has received numerous accolades, is backed by top tech investors, and was featured on ABC’s hit show Shark Tank.
If you have an interest in learning the technical aspects of a successful e-commerce company, this position is for you. We are looking for reliable and dedicated team players who want to be a part of a rapidly growing business. You will help manage various front and back-end technical needs. You will gain exposure to a number of business functions and receive mentorship from an accomplished team.
Our offices are located in the heart of Washington, DC, in Dupont Circle.
For our new projects, we’re open to using cutting edge technologies, so don’t be afraid to mention what interests you.
- 2+ years of experience
- College degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Knowledge and experience:
- Know your way around PHP; our main site uses WordPress
- MySQL and/or NoSQL
- Comfortable on the UNIX terminal (Basic understanding of web servers setup, load balancers, etc. We use RackSpace with CloudFlare in front.)
- You enjoy learning whatever tech is necessary to get things done
- You are a hard worker and are excited to join a start-up doing cool things
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You care a lot about user experience
Compensation & Perks
- Great compensation based on experience + valuable equity options included
- Full benefits, generous vacation policy, fun snacks and beverages
- You get to responsibly manage your schedule, as long as you’re meeting deadlines
- We’re awesome to work with
Please send your resume and a brief explanation of why you think you would be a good fit for this position to [email protected].