Surprise Ride is an innovative eCommerce company helping to make the lives of modern moms easier. Through conveniently pre-planned activities, kids learn and explore while moms take a break. Surprise Ride is based in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
The company was featured on the hit TV show Shark Tank and national media such as ABC, New York Times, The Washington Post, The View and NBC.
Surprise Ride is looking for a public relations expert to help grow the Surprise Ride brand. The company has received amazing press to date and is looking for an ambitious go-getter who will can amplify growth through innovative story-telling. The Director of Public Relations will oversee all media relations and secure PR opportunities to make Surprise Ride a household name!
- Oversee strategy and support for media activities that advance and expand on the Surprise Ride story
- Develop messages and media-related materials, such as press releases, media statements, op-eds and presentations to promote Surprise Ride
- Create engaging content for a variety of social media outlets including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Proactively identify outreach opportunities by monitoring print, online and social media trends
- Effectively build and strengthen relationships with key media outlets across a variety of channels
- Work closely with leadership team to develop appropriate messaging for media distribution
- Set targets to track outreach performance and share insights with team weekly
- 5+ years of public relations or communications experience
- Experience growing consumer brands
- Able to create innovative partnerships that accelerate growth for a young brand
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working within a team environment and across multiple teams
- You are a rock star (not the musical kind, though we’d like that too!)
- You’re known as the problem-solver in your group of friends
- You get the job done right, especially if that means going above-and-beyond
You are a hard worker who is able to roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
Compensation & Perks:
- Great compensation based on experience
- Full benefits, generous vacation policy, fun snacks and beverages
- You get to responsibly manage your schedule, as long as you’re meeting deadlines
Location: Washington D.C., New York City; Open to exploring remote with the right candidate
How to apply?
Candidates should send a resume and a cover letter on why you would be a good fit for the position to [email protected]